The Palm Riviera awaits athletes, enthusiasts, and families at the starting point of the Savona Half Marathon 2023, on Sunday, November 26th, 2023.
Do you want to enjoy the colours of the Savona Riviera and engage in some sports? If the answer is yes, the Savona Half Marathon 2023 is the perfect event for you! And if you still don’t want to miss the chance to spend a Sunday with your family, sign up for the Family Run, one of the three routes of this running event.
One race, three routes
The race will take place on three different routes in terms of difficulty, length, and regulations to make the competition as inclusive as possible. Specifically, participants can choose from:
- Half Marathon, the longest race and the backbone of the edition with 21.097km to be covered in a maximum of 2 hours and 45 minutes starting from via Paleocapa. A Fidal “Bronze” approved competitive challenge open to all athletes.
- Ten 10K, Ten 10K, a “light” version of the Half Marathon, with a 10 km round trip from via Paleocapa to be completed in a maximum of 2 hours and 45 minutes. The course is divided into a competitive race approved by Fidal “Bronze” and a non-competitive one.
- Family Run, Family Run, the shortest route of the event, with 4.100 km non-competitive from piazza Sisto IV.
The meeting at 9:30 is valid for each race, as is registration, open in three different ways:
- Assisted, at the Sporting Savona point of sale in piazza Guido Rossa 26r with a surcharge of 3 euros
- Direct, at the atrium of the Palazzo Comunale in piazza Sisto IV in Savona on Saturday, November 25th, at a cost of 35 euros.
The Race of the Popes
The Savona Half Marathon 2023 is also nicknamed the “Race of the Popes” in honour of the city’s glorious past. Not everyone knows that Savona was the birthplace of two popes, Sixtus IV and Julius II, important patrons of Italian Renaissance art belonging to the Savonese Della Rovere family. Not to mention Pius VII, who, although not Ligurian, spent his captivity in the city by order of Napoleon.”